Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates activities to establish production requirements and prepares a production plan to meet customer needs. Prepares a weekly production schedule and prioritizes production.
- Forecast weekly resin requirements based on customer requirements and communicated as requested by corporate purchasing.
- Analyze customer requirements and plan production to ensure efficient utilization of equipment and personnel.
- Maintains an inventory of raw materials required for production and inventory of bottles maintained in on and off-site warehouses and trailers.
- Ensures ample and timely supply of Finished Goods, Resin, Color, Consumables, and Regrind/Lump.
- Establish and publish tracking devices to measure on-time delivery.
- Support and provide feedback to customer service, sales representatives and plant leaders on status of work orders.
- Manage company and plant capacity model for all production lines.
- Maintain month end inventory process and develop and recommend ideas to reduce physical inventories.
- Maintain a list of suppliers to ensure timely delivery of raw materials.
- Maintain plant budget and keeps leadership informed.
- Manage plant budget and submit reports to corporate office.
- Direct and coordinate activities of employee engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as shift supervisors, blow mold machine operators, warehouse worker etc.
- Coach and develop direct reports, fostering an environment that communicates personal value and enables employees to act upon their own development
The Continuous Improvement Leader is responsible for Process Improvement (CI) program development, implementation and change facilitation throughout the plant, within the Plant Management Operating Structure. He/she also has responsibility for identifying and transferring best practices externally and internally, within the context of CCC guidelines, procedures, system, vision and core values.
- Develop, implement and maintain a Continuous Improvement Program that supports the overall CCC vision and core values and promotes a Zero Loss Culture. (Utilize LEAN principles to enhance safety, quality, efficiency and overall customer value).
- Ensure compliance with standards for performance as defined by company standards.
- Act as internal Continuous Improvement Consultant for the plant.